According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Women’s health is a branch of medicine that focuses on diagnosing and treating conditions and diseases affecting women’s emotional and physical well-being throughout different stages of their lives.
These include reproductive health concerns, gynecological disorders, and sexual dysfunction.
Below, we discuss how silicone vaginal dilators can help treat numerous medical conditions and pelvic pain disorders and help women achieve optimal sexual health.
What Are Silicone Vaginal Dilators?
Silicone vaginal dilators are silicone rods with a rounded end that are inserted into the vagina to help treat medical conditions like:
- Vaginal Stenosis;
- Chronic Pelvic Floor Pain.
Additionally, silicone vaginal dilators help reduce discomfort and pain during penetrative intercourse and help patients return to their sex life after menopause or major surgery.
How Do Silicone Vaginal Dilators Work?
Silicone vaginal dilators work by providing a gentle stretch that, with time, elongates and stretches the vaginal canal and improves the elasticity and mobility of the vaginal tissue.
For patients with pain involving muscle spasms or muscle overuse, including vaginismus, vestibulodynia, or dyspareunia (pain during penetrative intercourse), silicone vaginal dilators work by training the brain and pelvic floor muscles to have better coordination.
Better coordination involves expanding and relaxing during sexual intercourse, which, in turn, can improve a patient’s sex life and overall sexual health.
Why Should You Use Silicone Vaginal Dilators?
You should use silicone vaginal dilators because:
- Soft, Natural Feel: Silicone vaginal dilators offer a softer, more natural feel that resembles body tissue. They are also more flexible, making them easier to insert and handle.
- Reduces Risk of Injury: Because silicone vaginal dilators are flexible yet rigid, they are less likely to cause irritation or bruising.
- Better Temperature Control: You can use a silicone vaginal dilator at room temperature, chill it in the fridge, or heat it in hot (but not boiling) water. Whatever your preference, a silicone vaginal dilator can accommodate you.
- Body Safe: Silicone vaginal dilators are not made with harmful phthalates, plastics, or BPA (Bisphenol A). So, this makes any silicone vaginal dilator safe to use without having to stress over whether or not you may be harming yourself while trying to achieve optimal sexual health.
- Resilient: Silicone vaginal dilators are resilient. You can use them for years without having to worry about them becoming worn because the silicone makes them durable and resilient.
However, be careful if you use lubricant with your silicone vaginal dilators: ensure that you only use water-based lubricants. This is because silicone-based lubricants can break down the silicone used to create your dilator, causing it to come to the end of its life faster.
Get a Silicone Vaginal Dilator
If you are looking to treat a medical condition like vaginismus, experience pain during penetrative intercourse, or you want to improve your sex life, a silicone vaginal dilator can help.
Silicone vaginal dilators treat various medical conditions, lengthen and stretch the vagina, and expand or restore the pelvic floor muscles, making penetrative sex more comfortable and improving sexual health.