When you wear eyelash extensions, it is important to take special care of your lashes to prevent damage and ensure they last as long as possible. One thing you may be wondering is whether or not you can wash your face while wearing eyelash extensions.
The answer is yes, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind in order to do so safely. First of all, be sure to use a gentle cleanser that is free of harsh chemicals and fragrances. You should also avoid using any type of scrubbing motion when cleansing your face, as this can damage the delicate lash extensions.
How to wash your face with eyelash extensions
- Use a gentle cleanser: Choose a cleanser that’s designed for sensitive skin and is free of harsh chemicals and fragrances.
- Avoid scrubbing: When washing your face, use a very light touch and avoid scrubbing or rubbing your skin too vigorously. This can damage the lash extensions.
- Rinse thoroughly: Be sure to rinse your face thoroughly after cleansing to remove any cleanser residue that could irritate your skin or cause the lash extensions to fall out prematurely.
- Pat dry: Gently pat your face dry with a soft towel after washing. Avoid rubbing or scrubbing your skin as this can damage the lash extensions.
- Apply moisturizer: Use a light, oil-free moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and help the lash extensions stay in place.
By following these simple tips, you can safely wash your face while wearing eyelash extensions and keep your lashes looking their best.
What not to do if you have eyelash extensions
Now that you know how to wash your face with eyelash extensions, there are a few things you should avoid doing in order to prevent damage to your lashes.
Here are a few things to avoid if you have eyelash extensions:
- Using oil-based products: Avoid using makeup removers or cleansers that contain oils, as these can dissolve the adhesive that is holding the lash extensions in place.
- Using waterproof mascara: Waterproof mascara can be difficult to remove and may cause the lash extensions to come off with it. If you must use waterproof mascara, be sure to remove it very carefully.
- Skipping regular lash appointments: Eyelash extensions should be replaced every 2-4 weeks. Skipping regular lash appointments can cause the lash extensions to become damaged or fall out prematurely.
- Rubbing your eyes: Rubbing your eyes can cause the lash extensions to come off and can damage your natural lashes. If you must rub your eyes, be sure to do so very gently.
How long do eyelash extensions last
Eyelash extensions can last for 2-4 weeks with proper care. Be sure to avoid using oil-based products, waterproof mascara, and rubbing your eyes. If you follow these simple tips, your lash extensions should stay in place and look great for weeks to come!
How often should you get them touched up
Eyelash extensions should be touched up every 2-4 weeks. This will help to maintain the fullness and length of the lashes, as well as prevent any damage or fallout. If you have any questions about how to care for your lash extensions, be sure to ask your lash technician at your next appointment. They will be able to give you specific instructions on how to care for your lashes and help them last as long as possible.