This cake is so light and fluffy, and the berries just make it perfect. I’ve never been a big fan of fruit in cakes, but this one is an exception. The Chantilly cream is also to die for. You can use any kind of berries you want, but I prefer raspberries and blueberries.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
2. In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy. Add the sugar, and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and beat to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
4. Fold in the berries. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans and smooth out the tops with a spatula.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. To make the Chantilly cream, beat the heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract in the bowl of your electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
7. To assemble the cake, place one layer on a plate or cake stand. Spread with Chantilly cream, and top with the second layer. Spread the remaining cream over the top and sides of the cake. Decorate with fresh berries, if desired. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
chantilly berry cake whole foods
Whole Foods sells a pretty good Chantilly Berry Cake. I haven’t had it myself, but my friends who have say it’s really good. However, at $32 for a whole cake, it’s a bit pricey. If you’re looking for something cheaper, try making your own!
Variations on the Chantilly Berry Cake recipe:
-Add some grated lemon or orange zest to the cake batter for a citrusy twist.
-For a chocolate version, add some cocoa powder to the cake batter and frosting.
-If you don’t like berries, you can leave them out of the recipe altogether. The cake will still be delicious!
-If you want a boozy cake, add a splash of rum, brandy, or vodka to the batter.
benefits of eating a Chantilly Berry Cake
-The cake is very light and fluffy, making it a perfect dessert for those who are watching their weight.
-The berries add a tart and juicy flavor to the cake that is simply delicious.
-The Chantilly cream is to die for, and adds a rich and creamy flavor to the cake.
-The cake is very easy to make, and can be made ahead of time.
-The cake is suitable for vegans, as it contains no animal products.
So, if you’re looking for a delicious and healthy dessert, look no further than the Chantilly Berry Cake!